Friday, April 24, 2009

Where as all the good gone?

Here recently I have pondered where the good in humanity went, I did this mostly on Wednesday when an employee at a local gas station in Charlotte chased down my car and demanded that I pay a quarter for a plain old Styrofoam coffee cup that I could have bought at the dollar store in a pack of 50 for a few bucks (keep in mind this was after his co-worker told me that the cup was free). That made me angry, yep angry. I promptly told him where he could take his cup and that if he was so hard up for a quarter for him to hound someone else since I did not have any money. That's how broke I was, I had sent my last fifty cents with my oldest child to school for ice cream money. I did get my cup at the gas station next door and I was assured that it was okay for me to take it without charge and minus the prospect of an Indian guy hanging off my bumper demanding a quarter.

Fear not though, the giving in humanity has not died a tragic and violent death like Meg Ryan did in the movie City of Angels. On the Breast Cancer Site they are having a "click drive". Every click that is entered on their site gets counted and if they collect 200 clicks by the end of April they will donate $10,000 for breast cancer research. It's free and easy. Help fund on-going research and fund a mammogram with a single click! Their web-site is www.thebreastcancersite.com, if your feeling clicky check out their sister sites like literacy site that donates books to children.

Here's a video of the band Old Crow Medicine Show singing "Down Home Girl" to get your weekend started a bit early. That's it for this week, everyone have a great weekend!


1 comment: