Friday, April 17, 2009

What Am I Reading?

In an earlier post I mentioned that I am an avid reader. Are you asking yourself what does she read? Well, I am here to answer your question. I read everything, and when say everything I mean everything. Currently I am reading "Drood" By Dan Simmons. So far it is pretty good. I like a book that I can sink my teeth into. I do read romance, but I can rip through a romance book in a day so I like a book with substance. But I guess that my type of book is one that will make my mind spin, one that gets me going. I first read "Angel's and Demon's" by Dan Brown way back in 1999 ( it was a gift from a co-worker) I was enthralled, I read it and re-read it. "Cold Mountain" did the same thing for me when I was stuck on bed rest for 6 months with my first pregnancy. I cheered for Ruby, and loved them all. A book should be able to draw you in and make you forget that your worries. Reading "Cold Mountain" while on bed rest made my little "bed vacation" seem like a breeze, something not so terribly bad compared to what the characters were going through. When I was younger I read Anne Rice like her books were handed down from God himself. Her books are fantastic and she does hook you in. In "Interview with a Vampire" you want to know what Louie and Claudia did in Paris, you need to know about their adventures, you crave to see how their love bloomed. I must say though that my favorite book of all time other than "Alice in Wonderland" is "Servant of the Bones" by Anne Rice. It does not have vampires, or witches in it. It's about a boy named Azeriel who is cursed. I have an extremely worn paper back copy that I have read at least 20 times. I recommend it highly.

What are you into currently? What books, movies or songs have caught your attention and inspired you? I want to hear from you, don't be shy!!

2 comments:

  1. What am I reading? I am reading a book my cousin wrote (I forgot the name but I am two chapters in). I am also reading a book about writing crime stories. In addition to these I have been indulging in the writer's market books when I have time! Otherwise I read books with Christian and Ian!! Great Post. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved it girl as always very good bravo love,
    mississippi-

    ReplyDelete