Thursday, May 13, 2010

New in Publishing

I haven't posted anything about what is going on in the publishing aspect in a while. I realize that this single post will not cover everything that I have lapsed on, but I have found some interesting tidbits that made me go, "Hmmmmm." this morning.


If you don't know who John Grisham is I'm not sure if I can explain how BIG of a writer he is here in the States and across the world. Almost every single book he has written has been on the Best Seller List. One of his most famous books "THE FIRM", published almost 20 years ago, has been pitched as a TV SERIES to FOX,NBC, FX, A&E, TNT, and other channels. NO word on if any of them have snapped up the pitched series, but it has been put out there. This is not a new avenue of publishing for his works, he has had SEVERAL movies and TV series based on some of his other works. "THE FIRM" was actually pitched as a TV SERIES several years ago but was dropped before a pilot was made. Also in news of John Grisham he has 2 new books being released soon. 'Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer' will be released on MAY 25, 10 and it is written for younger readers.In October 'The Confession,' will be released.


Touchstone Fireside bought the U.S., Canadian and open market rights to the former GUNS & ROSES bassist Duff McKagan memoir. McKagan is the Co-Founder of the band and he spent 13 years with the band. The memoirs covers the time he spent with the band Guns & Roses, his battle with being sober, and of course life after G&R. No news yet as to what they will do with the memoir, but it will be interesting all the same.

I hope these tid-bits made you go "Hmmm," like I did. Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment