Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Rant

Since the Olympics have officially kicked off I have been glued to the TV. I love watching the skiing and of course skating. If your wondering I do NOT always support team USA, there are actually a bunch of athletes out there that are excellent from other countries. I do feel bad for the nations that have one one person there competing. I think they should get a medal regardless. I can tell that I am sooo a mom while I am watching because I will hear about an athlete that has several medals from past competitions and I'll think, "Man, they should share the glory with someone else. Give someone else a turn to win." So I am addicted to the Olympics for the next couple of weeks.


I have a rant. Yep, I bought a new flavor of Pebbles cereal. It's "Cupcake Pebbles", it's got a cute box and smells awesome when you open the box. The taste is what's wrong. It tastes like they forgot to add something. It's bland. To me it tastes like they were making the normal fruity pebbles and ran out of the fruit, and they needed to produce a product due to a quota and said, "Screw it! Well sell this stuff as a new flavor!" My kids love it for some reason, which is good because I wont be eating any more of it, but I felt slighted.

In my eyes the Flintstones have went downhill. I simply adored the Old School Flintstones cartoons. My dad got me hooked on them when I was a kid because it was one of his favorite cartoons. The Flintstones are a major part of TV history. Fred and Wilma were the first couple on TV to be shown in bed together instead of in separate twin beds.

To me the Flintstones downhill slide began when they had Bam-Bam and Pebbles all grown up. I mean really do we need to watch a cartoon about a goody-too shoes girl and her all too helpful boyfriend who isn't too swift but can lift uber heavy crap? I can do without it to be honest.
I mean really did Barney and Betty need to adopt a kid? Was that even a necessary plot line? Just because Fred and Wilma had one doesn't mean everyone on the block has to have a kid. That would be like me getting a Viper and then everyone on my road going out and getting a Viper too. Overkill.
Why can't people leave something alone when it's good and the formula works? If they are going to mess with Fruity Pebbles they might as well go ahead and give the poor Trix rabbit some stupid yogurt and a bowl of Trix cereal so he can move on with his life.

Okay, there's my rant. If your wondering about the weather here it's sunny out. The snow is melting and all the ice on the roof is melting quickly so it sounds like it's raining out. The sky is blue and the temp. is above freezing! Were having a heatwave! If it wasn't so muddy out I could lay out in my lawn chair and enjoy the weather. It's a sad fact that my yard is so muddy I could go muddin' in it.
If you have a rant about Flintstones or another cartoon please leave it as a comment. Also feel free to sign my guest book. I love to hear from my readers!

Here's a little something to make to snow day seem well less snowy.



This Video brings back memories of the times I have been muddin'. Nothing is quite like it, and for those out there that didn't know it this is how Moster Trucks got their start. One guy with a mud hole and a tuck with a garage. Amzing how things evolve.


No comments:

Post a Comment