Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hungry...

I just finished reading the Hunger Games book 1 by Suzanne Collins. Yes, I know I am a tad behind all the raging teenagers, but I have been busy! I actually rented the movie first from Netflix then read the book via my Kindle. I got it free because I borrowed it from the lending library. All three books in the series is currently free in the Amazon.com kindle library!
I must say that I was SURPRISED that it was written decently! I was expecting another "Fifty Shades of Grey" writing style. The book flowed well, and the movie followed it closely! I really did connect to Katniss and Peeta, and I really did not want any of contestants to die, but that is part of the Game. I will not spoil it for those who have not read it yet, but it was really good and I am eager to begin the second book in the series come September 1st. I tend to stray away from the most hyped up books because usually they are lacking. The Twilight books were awful to push through, but I did read them all except for the last one. I let me husband do that one all by himself. I couldn't force myself into that again. Even for him.
In closing I think if you like action filled books with plently of harsh scenes about death The Hunger Games is perfect for you. It does have some emtional overtones in it, but not enough to make me weepy. It is well written, flows nicely and again the movie follows it closely. The main difference is that they cut out some of the background on Katniss and Peeta, and Gale of course. They leave out the story about the goat which I thought showed depth Katniss and Prim's relationship and they shortened most of the character narritives. I adored Cinna and I wish she would of given more detail about Haymitch's own Hunger Game. Maybe in the next book. I am tempted to re-watch the movie now that I finished the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment