Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Spider Pope!


Happy Hump Day! It's the middle of the week and I am feeling a bit, well mean. Yep I feel like a Blue Meanie from the yellow Submarine. If I could freeze all the people that that has irked me in the past two days there would be quite a lot of people littering the fair state of Tennessee and maybe some out of state.

I have a thing against telemarketers. I even signed up for that "Do not call" list. Yet I am still getting calls. My pet peeve is that if your going to call someone and disrupt their day by trying to sell them crap they don't need you could at least PRONOUNCE their name correctly. I have been called so many different names in the past 24 hours I am beginging to wonder where these people were taught to read at, I'm guessing somewhere that doesn't support the use of phonics.
So I am being mean, everytime one of them calls and says my name wrong I let them stumble around till they sound ridiculous then I correct them a couple of times, and even use it properly in a sentecnce for them like I do my 4 year old that's learning to read. This is how I do it.
(Remember to do it SLOWLY so they can understand clearly.) Example, "Penny, my name is Penny. P-E-N-N-Y, as in, "I found a PENNY.". That usually pisses them off and makes me feel satisfied because I clearly just brought attention to their lack of pronuncation skills. Yep, you just got served.
Now don't go all soft on the side of the telemarketer. I used to work for a cell phone company and had to deal with off names all the time. If I was unsure of a name I would google it, ask a friend or ask the customer to pronounce it for me because it was an unusal name. I love new and exciting words, that's fun to me. But there really is no excuse to mistake Ruby for Rudy, or even Johnny (yep, one of them called me Rudy then Johnny in the next sentence he spoke). Really there's no excuse for this. None what so ever.
Together we can educate people and we all can be called the correct name!

Okay, that's my rant. I'm finished I swear. Now for a bit of fun. I saw this on TV and it had me giggling which is rare for me. I loved Pope John Paul. I wanted to go to Rome when he passed, if I would have had the cash to afford the flight I would have went and stood among the masses who morned his death. I thought he was brilliant. Now is sucssor is a different story, he is German, and I have NOTHING against germany or germans at all. I have met quite a few people from Germany and they all are pretty neat people. I have heard some crazy stories from people partying too much while there, and of course I adore the fact that most of them do not own refridgerators and ice is a rarity and they shop at open air markets. I wish we had large open air markets here. Oh, and don't forget that a pair of Levis is like gold there.
Pope Benidict XVI is a bit creepy to me, he reminds me of an evil (say it eeeevil) kebbler elf. Like he wanted to make bats blood cookies instead of fudge stripe and they kicked him out. This clip is from the Colbert Report on Sept. 29, 2009 and it is awesome. Enjoy!!

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Spider-Pope
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorMichael Moore


No comments:

Post a Comment