Friday, September 7, 2012

An Adventure for Spiderwick


I sent my poor mother to Books-a-Million near her doctor's office today with an errand. My oldest son is in a book club at school and they are starting to read The Field Guide book 1 in the Spiderwick chronicles. This is one of the few youth series I have not purchased. If it was Harry Potter or the Lemony Snicket series we would be all set. So I sent her to the book store with my membership card and the book inforamation to purchase one for my sweetie.

She came back with a box set of Lomony Snicket!Books 1-3 in the series all in a neat little set for the cheap price of 45 bucks! Ouch!


Of course she was pissed because she had to return to the shop and it's a good 40 minute drive from where we live at. (Trust me I called everyone in town to see if they had it in stock or in a library. Everyone was out or had lent it out!) Also the only copy I could get on my Kindle is the audio book, which he can't take into a book club meeting! UGH!

So here's my rant. If your going to work in a book shop pay attention to your customers! Know the differences between all the popular book series. Lemony and Spiderwick really don't have anything in common other than they both have kids in the stories. I'm not even sure how you could mistake one for the other. How frustrating! Especially now with gas being so high a 40 minute one way trip into Nashville and then a 40 minute trip back really sucks up the money. I seriously doubt they will give her a $20 spot to cover her gas back up there. Before she had a reason to be in Nashville, she had a doctor's appointment.


Thankfully I was able to call the book shop before she left and spoke to someone there. I gave them the info of the situation and got them to hold a copy of the first book at the desk for her so that way there will not be any confusion. My poor mom doesn't know Lemony Snicket from Anne of Green Gables. Hopefully, she will return with the right book and he can get his extra credit.

Isn't it amazing how a simple trip to a book shop can turn into madness? Then again, with my family I am not surprised in the least. It seems like this kind of thing happens a lot. Were blessed with Confusion!

No comments:

Post a Comment