Saturday, September 15, 2012

Edit, Edit, Edit.......

I have done it! I have finally started editing my book! I put my excuses away and told my husband that I was indeed working on my book and not just sitting at my kitchen table listening to itunes through the laptop. (who does that anyway?)Needless to say he was shocked. I haven't worked on it in ages. I am fairly proud of myself, and I plan on doing again today.



Now that I have tooted my own horn for actually doing something let me just say after all this time I am reading it with new eyes. The one thing that is staggering is how I just simply "gave up" and it shows in the text. I have found myself wincing at some of my narration and I am very much dissapointed with myself. To be honest in it's current state I wouldn't let anyone read it. The last "edit" I did was a hack job. I ripped the soul out of my work! I am ashamed that my grammer perfecting OCD screwed my work. Yes, the sentences are beatutiful in their correctness, but really nobody speaks "correctly" and when reading pages upon pages of perfectly worded grammer it becomes flat and dry. Akin to reading an applicance user manual. Yuck. I have a LOT of work ahead of me, but I look foreward to it, and I will savor the chance to correct my mistakes to make my book "alive".




The moral for this post is Yeah you might of screwed your entire book up, but YOU are the writer. You are the dreamer of this dream and it is yours to do as you wish with it. If you want rainbow colored cookies to fall from the sky while pony ninja's are fighting perfect pretty-pretty princessess to over throw the pony's slave masters go for it! This is a lesson I had to re-learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment